Saturday, August 05, 2006

Vanities and Anniversaries.

Will and I celebrated our one year yesterday. We had a fancy dinner slightly above our means in a swanky restaurant with a great view of the capitol. I finally busted out the 1999 vintage J. C. Le Roux Le Valle South African "champagne." We exchanged small tokens (i got him ketchup, tabasco, chocolate and jelly bellys to bring to Uganda because otherwise he'll miss them) and he got me a simply beautiful silver engraved necklace. It has our names, but his is spelled with one L. No, it's not a tragic typo. I never can understand why his name is spelled with two L's since Wilbur only has one... He thought it was funny. I think it's just right ;)



This morning we had lattes. Tres Americano. A megamerican weekend (to nonchalantly quote Stephen Colbert), because we only have so many left.

Each day I yearn to see an African sunset a little more than the last.

For now...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home